Kennametal, Inc. has posted 1 job
Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )
Role: APPLICATION ENGINEER – ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To grow the KIL share in new and existing market segments.
- Identify new business opportunities in segments and provide product and process solutions.
- Application specialists are essentially a regional resource to focus on new business opportunities through Process Optimization Services, CPR and Projects in the respective territory.
- Applications specialists are like business development managers who should focus on high value opportunities, penetrate new product sales, drive sales engineers and distributor sales engineers training needs, conduct in-plant seminars, create new leads through cold calling and successfully close the opportunity identified in the respective segment in defined time frame
- He should set an example to sell Kennametal products on technical grounds by making successful product -process machining recommendations.
- He should develop field sales engineers competencies related to new products through training and on the job demonstration.
- Submit monthly report as per the prescribed format to the Application manager covering segment related market intelligence.
- Submit a case study on the best trial conducted atleast once in 2 months to the Application manager for recommendation and circulation.
- Support sales engineers in important projects or for solving problems that will require the highest level of technical expertise.
- He should look for process re-engineering at customer’s shop floor to retool up the spindles with KIL tools.
- Drive sales growth in the identified low share Key accounts in that segment through POS, CPP, etc.
- To grow the KIL share in the assigned segment through conversion and penetration, POS, Projects, etc., He is responsible for growth initiatives and application support for the segment.
- Grow KIL share in High potential low share key accounts.
- Identify opportunities for new projects and generate sales growth in the segment.
- Number of Process Optimization services per quarter.
- Identify and drive new business opportunities in existing customers and achieve sales growth for the respective segment.
- Generate sales through new customers.
- Generate new product sales through Conversion, Penetration and Retention actions.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: (Executive – Application / Asst.Manager – Application)
1. The Incumbent should hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree or Equivalent with specialization either in Mechanical Engineering or in Production Engineering. Post graduation will be an added advantage.
2. He should have minimum 3 years of experience either in Cutting tool sales / application function or in Process engineering / Process design function. Machine shop production experience will be an added advantage.
3. He should have sound knowledge on Machining fundamentals, Process design, Process re-engineering, fundamentals of fixturing, etc.,
4. He should be willing to travel and meet customers in various geographic locations.
5. Communication skill with good command in English (oral & Verbal) is preferred for this position.
6. Experience: 3 – 7 years in engineering industry.
7. He should be a go-getter with self motivation and positive attitude.
This position is primarily to support all POS activities across India from Head office. This position will initiate and support POS activities in Transportation segment for FY’12. The need for this position was discussed during India summit held recently. The main objective for creating this position is to deliver $2.0 Mio additional business with 55% margin in transportation. The incumbent will be a productivity specialist who will work closely both internally and with OEMs and Tier 1 customers in transportation to generate more business through POS activities.