As a Lead Engineer, Plastics you will be part of the Materials Engineering department at LM. The department is part of the LM Engineering & Technology organization. Your role will focus on
- Working in a cross functional team on material related projects as per internal customer needs and within the specified timelines.
- Successful execution of Plastics material qualifications, as per the established procedures in the role of technical lead.
- Define and execute testing and blade trials to enable material roll out in production.
- Collaborating with suppliers to explore improvements and new design ideas that will have an overall impact on product quality and performance.
- Provide technical guidance to factories to mitigate risks of material noncompliance in a time-bound manner. Lead root cause analysis efforts in collaboration with the plants and suppliers and expedite problem solving.
- Comply with systems and procedures regarding trace ability. Make documentation updates as per established procedures and guide other team members on the same.
- Coordinate and organize project tasks with allied teams. Proactively communicate progress in relevant forums.
- You have an educational background in Polymer, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- You have 9+ years of experience within the area of Plastics and its applicability in wind turbine rotor blades.
- You have working knowledge of composite manufacturing processes and the process consumables used in them.
- You have hands on experience in Thermoplastics & Thermosets processing & testing.
- You have spent considerable time in a production environment in Plastics or Wind Blade manufacturing industries.
- You know about the principles of APQP for wind.
- You are self-motivated and resourceful, have great experience and Craftmanship and manage to take a proactive approach in driving tasks cross functional in the organization
- You are robust and have personal drive, and are process oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, and excellent understanding of quality assurance methodology during development and execution.
- You have excellent communications skills, and you can communicate your results in a clear and convincing manner.
- Your approach to the work is structured and well organized. You have strong drive and are good at moving things forward and getting things done
- You are proactive in finding solutions and can take decisions without external guidance.
We consider ourselves front runners in the industry and offer a job in an International organisation with opportunities for both personal and technical growth.
- Salary Range 40,000 to 50,000
- Salary payable Per Month