At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Application Security Senior Specialist
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) – focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) – EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) – Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
As application security senior specialist for the Security certification team, candidate will be resposibal to conduct application vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of EY applications before they move into production and support the team to meet overall security certification goals and client requirements.
Your key responsibilities
- Capable of conducting application & network penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
- Preparing detailed security review reports and remediation guidances
- Researching new application security vulnerabilities and attack vectors
- Leading strategic initiatives and mentoring new team members
- Support the team in updating their skill and knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
- Hands on experience of Web, thick client, Mobile, VOIP, Wireless application security testing.
- Proficient in automated and manual application testing methodologies.
- Expert in using manual testing tools such as Burp Professional, Nmap, Wireshark, Nessus, echomirage.
- Expert in using automated application scan tool Webinspect / Qualys WAS, CheckMarx, WhiteSource etc..
- Basic Knowledge of programming language like C/C++, C#, JAVA, ASP.NET and familiar with PERL/Python Scripting.
- Familiar with OWASP and Secure SDLC standards
- Knowledge of common security requirements within ASP.NET & Java application
- Good Knowledge of TCP/IP, Network Security.
- Knowledge / experience on code review
- Good Technical aptitude, problem solving and ability to quickly learn and master new topics and domains.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience in IT and Information Security
- 4 – 6 yrs. experience in application security assessment
- Hands on experience of Web, thick client, Mobile Application security reviews.
- Exposure and good understanding of the various manual testing methodologies.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Desirable: IT security Certifications (CEH. ECSA, OSCP)
What we look for
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Salary Range 25,000 to 30,000
- Salary payable Per Month