Perform a variety of accounting reconciliation functions to report financial information in accurate and timely manner. Follow-up with banks and lines of business at client-end for closure of accounting open items. Maintain data and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and reporting requirements. Produce monthly reconciliation statements.
- Analyze, validate and process transactions as per Desktop procedures (L3 & L4).
- Reconcile bank to ledger transactions for all accounts.
- Analyze and research all discrepancies in various applications tools.
- Investigate and resolve outstanding items.
- Follow-up with banks and other internal customers for closure of open items and provide back-up for all discrepancies.
- Prepare basic financial reports.
- Perform mid-month, month-end and quarter-end activities as per documented desktop procedures.
- Ensure that the assigned targets are met in accordance with SLA and Internal standards.
- Ensure that the quality of transaction is in compliance with predefined parameters as defined by Process Excellence.
- Ensure adherence to established attendance schedules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate in Accounting / Commerce / Business Administration with at least 15 years of education.
- Minimum six months of work experience in a related field is required. Experience in Insurance organizations, Banks shall be preferred.
- Fresher college graduates can be considered.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Good computer navigation skills
- Good keyboarding speed
- Good knowledge of complete MS Office suite
- Knowledge about the Insurance industry in US
- Knowledge about US Culture
- Knowledge of Accounting principles
- Proficiency in English
- Communication skills – should be able to read, interpret business documents. Good oral/written communication
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Escalate issues if required
- Data gathering ability/ Eye for detail
- Team work/ Managing Self / Adaptability
- Ability to work successfully in production driven environment
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to work on routine/standardized transactions
- Self-disciplined and result oriented
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Other Requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training – if required)
(and purpose of relationship):
- AM for the purpose of reporting performance, escalation handling, clarifying concerns, and seeking feedback and support.
- Manager for the purpose of settling issues left unresolved by the AM and monthly evaluation of performance.
- Associate Accountants for the purpose of seeking cooperation & clarification on process-related matters & providing assistance and support when required.
- Subject Matter Expert for the purpose of work thread related issues and escalated transactions.
- QCA / Finance Specialist for the purpose of feedback and audit.
- Trainers for the purpose of Pre-process and Process training.
(and purpose of relationship) – If Applicable
- SME / Trainers at the client end for training.
- Banks all over the client home country for follow-up work for closure of open unreconciled accounting items.
- Client’s various lines of businesses for follow-up work for closure of open unreconciled accounting items.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
- Salary Range Salary as per market standards
- Salary payable Per Month