Your Knowledge and experience:
- You should have more than 10 years’ experience working on TARAS (Tax Accounting and Risk Advisory Services) for US Private clients or Channel 2 Tax Audits or Tax Provision reviews
- Demonstrate a very high level of proficiency in tax technical knowledge relevant to Tax provisions review for Channel 1 or Channel 2 US SEC clients / Non-SEC clients
- Keep abreast of current tax laws, regulations and practices. Identify changes that impact the business and communicate them to management.
- Your role-based skills and attributes
Client responsibilities — Initially
- Manage private clients for corporate tax accounting engagements with focus on accounting for income taxes, annual / quarterly provisions.
- Analyse complex financial information and prepare/review deliverables for the global income tax provision process on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage the preparation of federal and state tax provisions for corporations and partnerships under ASC 740
- Assist with coordinating and reconciling financial reporting disclosures under ASC 740
- Assist with ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting and reporting for income taxes
- Assist with the preparation of tax basis balance sheet
- Be responsible maintaining and managing workflow of the tax plan on a month to month basis
- Assist in complex tax planning initiatives.
- Extend support in year-end audit process and quarterly reviews related to income tax
- Act as a mentor to staff through training, coaching and providing feedback on performance.
- Work effectively with other areas of Corporate Taxation and other Finance functions and demonstrate leadership in cross-functional initiatives.
- Set performance measurements and ensure that performance goals, including engagement economics, turnaround time and quality targets are met
- Identify and champion new services that the sub-service line can perform at the GDS
- Demonstrate leadership and executive presence
- Communicate progress and project status to all stakeholders
- Knowledge of the firm policies related to independence, confidentiality and privacy, client acceptance and engagement letters, tax return preparer guidelines and knowledge-sharing
- Adhere to practice protocol and other internal processes consistently
- Cross-sell extended services to clients and represent the sub-service line practice to external audiences
- Recruit, develop, mentor and supervise Staff, Seniors, and Assistant Managers
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications – Internal
People responsibilities – Ongoing
- Create and lead the highest performing teams
- Lead by example and be a role model
- Coach and mentor team members
- Develop a flexible and adaptive management style to meet the diverse needs of our people and clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Certified US CPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountant)
- Language proficiency in English
- Effective communicate skills by being articulate, thoughtful and adapting communications to target audiences; interacting effectively in person, by phone and in writing
- Good analytical, numeric and people management skills
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Salary Range 50,000 to 60,000
- Salary payable Per Month