Cargill has established a Controls COE within the Controllers Organization. This Controls COE has developed a financial controls framework for high risk financial controls that reduce the risk of financial misstatement in Cargill’s consolidated financial statements. Control owners and operators in the embedded A&F and CBS Finance organizations will be responsible for executing the controls.
Cargill needs to ensure that the controls that are deployed within the CBS centers are operationalized with urgency and with a high degree of quality. The Controls COE will focus on the design of the controls, training, rolling out the GRC tool, creating the self-assessment. CBS Finance will focus on embedding, deploying the controls in the 6 centers and performing the self-assessment along with 1st level of internal monitoring of controls.
CBS Controls Tower will be responsible to help deployment the control framework designed by the Controls COE team and then perform independent monitoring of the control framework embed by CBS Finance.
The purpose of the role is to deploy the control framework designed by the controls COE team. Then to monitor this control framework. The Control Framework specialist will perform the ground work of implementing
- Evaluation of Control Framework i.e. Design and Operating assessment of the controls using different testing techniques.
- Identify the process and control gaps/deficiencies, facilitate discussion for remediation and drive the remediation process.
- Evaluation of the financial impact of the deficiencies.
- Maintenance of the control framework in Archer i.e. ensuring that GRC has the latest information in terms of control owners, revised controls if process has changed and other changes as necessary.
- Facilitating the control self-assessment process by Control Owners and performing root cause analysis for the issues identified.
- Deploying Control framework for the new entities or new processes scoped in.
- Support issue owners with the remediation plans for the issues identified by Corporate Audit.
- Audit the issue closures and check for sustainability of implementation process.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced data analytical skills using current spreadsheet or business intelligence tools.
- Experience in leveraging financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making.
- Experience in working with multiple businesses or international businesses.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Chartered Accountant with 0-3 years of experience (post qualification) in audit and internal controls or CA with operations experience but with background of audit experience
- Chartered Accountant Inter with 3-5 years (without article-ship experience) of audit, internal controls or with a background of audit experience.
- Shift timings are from 4pm to 1am
- Experience in working with testing/evaluating financial control framework (SOX) environment.
- Successful deployment and management of SOX controls in a public company.
- Possess appropriate knowledge and technical proficiency in financial and accounting areas together with having good systems understanding.
- Experience working across countries and cultures.
- Salary Range 30,000 to 40,000
- Salary payable Per Month