Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
The engineer will be a member of DCR Components – Castings CoE team in EDCI and will be responsible for the modeling and detailing of Casting and Forging components for Transmission, Lower powertrain, Engine and other casting components. This job responsibility also includes selection of components from existing database that need to be modified/ remodeled and detailed. The engineer should be capable to work with agency engineers and coordinate the project. Thorough Pro- E experience with general Engineering knowledge, knowledge on Transmission & engine systems and components and related manufacturing processes skill sets required for effective execution of this role.
Background / Experience:
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and Proficiency in Pro-E product family
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience on Cat Engineering tools like HVC, EDS, TC Engineering , Windchill & knowledge on Cat standards
- Good understanding of Transmission & Engine systems and components
- Critical Competencies include Initiative, Accountability, Interpersonal, Organizational & Communication skills to effectively communicate with a worldwide team.
- Expertise in modelling and detailing of complex castings using surface modelling techniques to develop core passages in Transmission, Lower powertrain, Engine components like cases, covers, manifolds, Planet Carriers, Torque converter housings, heads & blocks, Crankshaft, Camshaft, flywheel & housing, timing case, wheel, axle housing,
- Expertise in casting concepts creation for castability
- Mandatory hands on experience on surface texture requirements, heat treatment and inspection process of components like Gears and Shafts.
- Knowledge on Speed charts, Dimension and Installation drawings are mandatory.
- Pro/Engineer experience with background in casting and forging design, Modelling and Detailing
- Experience with Vis-Mock up or other visualization tools
- General understanding of complex casting components, gears and shafts
- Proficiency in GD&T and Knowledge on Tolerance Stack up (ASME Y14.5)
- Any casting foundry experience will be an added advantage
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .
- Salary Range 60,000 to 70,000
- Salary payable Per Month