Environment Manager – Siemens Ltd.
Do you want to pursue a career where you can make a real difference in the world? Do you like the idea of inspiring others and have a passion for both science and the environment? Then a career in Environmental Protection could be the ideal fit for you.
As an Environmental Manager, you’ll ensure that an organization is operating in accordance with environmental guidelines and goals. Your role will involve examining Environmental Protection (EP) / Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) activities to determine where improvements can be made and ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and to Siemens EP program across the organization.
You’ll also create, implement, and monitor EP / ESG strategies to promote sustainable development. Your wide remit means you’ll review the whole operations, environmental data assessments, identifying and resolving environmental problems and ensuring necessary changes are implemented.
This position will report to Country EHS Head.
Change the future with us
- Proactively keep abreast with environmental regulatory requirements in INDIA and globally (expected changes and amendments)
- Co-ordinate with Environment Protection (EP) team at Headquarters (HQ ) and Business on EP developments
- Establish and monitor Eco Efficiency @ Siemens indicators (EP KPIs) progress across Businesses
- Establish and implement action plans to achieve EP targets in co-ordination with Businesses as measured by KPIs together with HQ.
- Enable/ facilitate environmental legal compliance in INDIA) and foster business opportunities
- Develop environmental competences as required and identify competent external service providers for EP management
- Share good EP practices and relevant technical/ statutory developments
- Develop roadmap for achieving EP targets and implementation of EP guidelines (e.g. standards, processes, tools)
- Conduct/facilitate Environment Council meetings with members from various businesses/stakeholders and monitor/implement action items arising out of the meetings.
- Support Country EHS officer in EP monitoring and reporting to the Management and HQ
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds!
· You have an engineering degree (B.E/B. Tech) with relevant degree, or postgraduate qualification in Environmental Management / Sustainability management will be preferred.
· You bring at least 8-10 years of relevant experience in working across industry sectors (preferably manufacturing/ infrastructure) at corporate level to identify environmental risk and opportunities as well as sustainability issues and to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
· Advanced communication techniques and ability to tailor communication to different target groups. Knowledge about management systems eg. ISO 14001is required.
· Exposure to international industry practices, Indian and global development institutions, and their operational practice, and will be a desired attribute.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Kalwa (Mumbai), where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about us at: https://new.siemens.com and about Siemens careers at:
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary Range Salary as per market standards
- Salary payable Per Month