Position Title: E&T Variant Configuration Compatibility Analyst.-1
Job Location: Bangalore and Chennai
Product Configuration & Data Management (PC&DM) Compatibility Engineers are accountable for collaborative creation and maintenance of SAP variant configuration and variant super BOMs on multiple systems with high impact on multiple brand and market segments and multiple facilities.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all the following:
- Setting up SAP Variant Configuration models which allow our customers to price and order configurable Products (gensets/engines) online.
- Developing a Super Bill of Materials, to allow the correct components to be purchased and built.
- Collaborating with global engineering, price list and other cross-functional teams to determine product offerings and their compatibility rules during New Product Introduction (NPI), Standard & Design to Order (DTO) products.
- Create logic on SAP and Product Software Programming System (PSPS) to create Control Panel Build Orders and to enable the manufacturing facilities to load control panels with accurate data as specified by the customer.
- Develop standard processes and techniques that will ensure that Product Models and Variant Configurations are being created using the same methodology which will aid NPI and engineering change velocity and improve product lifecycle quality.
- The role will require active participation in NPI, engineering change and other projects to offer knowledge, expert advice and to commit to VC and BOM task durations.
- The role will include rapid resolution of production critical and dealer facing issues and thorough root cause analysis to ensure permanent corrective actions are in place.
Success factors :
- Staying abreast of SAP technology developments is required to ensure the PC&DM are evolving new techniques and processes which will aid NPI and engineering change velocity and improve product lifecycle quality. To make decisions, this position will work with immediate work group or project team, division/business unit, and internal business partners. Decisions typically impact multiple divisional products, brands, global facilities, and customer experience.
Key skills and Knowledge requirement:
- Hands on technical experience in ERP systems and SAP variant configuration, bills of material and material masters.
- Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience in ERP systems and SAP variant configuration, bills of material and material masters.
- 2+ years of variant Configuration experience of genset, engine or similar automobile/machine products.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .
- Salary Range 30,000 to 40,000
- Salary payable Per Month