Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
What you will learn and contribute to
As an Expert Services Engineer you will support customer’s Operation & Maintenance, providing high technical expertise for customer business critical and special needs, including Tailored Technical Support, Launch Support, extended troubleshooting activities, Special Events Support and Lab Maintenance.
- Perform planning, designing and executing test cases for new features
- Test cases planning including reviews/analysis of feature specifications and work estimations
- Test specification work including creating/updating/reviewing test documents (i.e. test plans, test cases, test reports, feature specification, instructions, etc)
- Analyses, designs, develops and tests products / services / improvements / bug resolutions for integrated hardware / software systems as per customers’ requirements.
- Co-operating with other feature teams to align test strategy and practices
- Perform testing in Nokia lab, customer lab or in the field
- Install, commission, and integrate gNB, eNB in E2E lab environment
- Integrating new automated cases and maintain existing automated cases with new SW and environment
- Testing and reporting for assigned test cases
- Fault investigation/reporting which includes cooperation with other teams
- Provide remote and on-site support to customers lab and field activities (FOA/Special projects).
- Customer lab or field fault reproduction in Nokia lab
- Verify customer fault correction in Nokia lab
- Analyse logs and troubleshoot problems from the field and customer lab
- Lab maintenance which includes evaluating test tools and test equipment needed prior to each release, upgrading NEs, and building/expanding of workstations & gNBs, eNBs as needed
- Familiarization with the tools, processes and methods linked to the job (QXDM, Wireshark (5G and 4G), EMIL, Syslog, Sherpa etc)
Your skills and experience
- Engineer graduated in Telecommunications, IT or Electronic Engineering (or relevant professional experience in same technological domains)
- Solid experience with Nokia Radio products
- Flexible to work on customer time zone and travel at short notice.
- Experience with Implementation, Integration, Acceptance Tests, O&M and Care for Telecommunication Products, involved in supporting complex telecommunication solutions.
- Ability to manage crisis which is technical & non-technical.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and under time constraints while keeping attention to detail.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience and understanding of Mobile Networks and IP Networks.
- Have knowledge and experience of Mobile Networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE/SRAN & 5G) and IP Networks; Commissioning for eNodeB with different configurations; RF Sharing with different configurations; Emil, BTSlog, Snapshot, MACTTI, Trace collection, analysis; knowledge on Various call flow & LTE Interface protocols; Knowledge on KPI issues like Throughput, Call set up, etc.; test automation tools usage/development skill is plus.
- Ability to learn in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of hardware and software systems, and business unit mission critical functionalities and dependencies.
- Advanced user experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, MS Project
- Experience in complex problems solving independently or as a team player.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- Salary Range 40,000 to 50,000
- Salary payable Per Month