Business Marketing Manager and Head of Retail, Services & Transport Sector @ Wipro Americas
Location: India (Bangalore preferred)
Wipro is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 200,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future
About the Role
As the Head of marketing for the Retail, Services, and Transport (RSAT) sectors, you will focus on driving accelerated revenue growth and building a strong brand for these sectors in the Americas through strategic priorities of the business, focusing on scaling existing clients’ portfolios, winning large transformation deals, and leveraging strategic partnerships.
Building geographic marketing plans, devising account-based and performance marketing campaigns to scale local strategic clients, designing opportunity-centric activities to win large transformation deals and creating joint marketing programs to leverage hyperscalers and partners are some of the key activities that will contribute to the larger team’s success.
You will work closely with senior business leaders, account executives, and sales leaders and a dream team of marketing experts to drive thought leadership, win deals, improve pipeline, sales, and revenue outcomes through digital-first marketing programs and tactics tailored to buyers’ needs.
Key Activities include:
- Demand Generation – Improve mindshare, deal origination, and client acquisition by developing and executing targeted digital-first always-on campaigns that bring the best of Wipro’s thought leadership, case studies, analyst accolades, and more to market through virtual and in-person engagement designed to help buyers solve issues and seize opportunities. To ensure that the overall marketing plans and campaigns for driving leads for the business are planned and executed in line with agreed objectives laid out by both the business head and the CMO. Focus on data-driven multichannel campaigns to drive leads.
- Account-based marketing & influence on pipeline growth – Strengthen buyer relationships, improve client retention, and grow share of wallet by developing and executing targeted, digital-first, account-based marketing campaigns that bring Wipro’s rich history and deep experience to life through creative, people-centered, and relationship-focused content programs.
- Deal Pursuit Marketing – Improve win rates and grow revenue by developing and executing targeted, digital-first deal pursuit campaigns that elevate and differentiate Wipro’s solutions and positively influence clients’ preference to work with Wipro through creative relationship and solution-oriented digital and in-person engagement across various stages of the pursuits.
- Partner Marketing- Work with Wipro’s partner ecosystem to create programs and campaigns around solution awareness, demand generation and thought leadership.
- Building a Strong Industry Brand – Build a relevant and impactful brand using levers of thought leadership, enhancing market presence of Wipro executives, through analyst relationship, content and solution marketing, media, thought leadership, speaker opportunities. Lead Wipro’s presence at key events like NRF.
This is a business marketing role that requires the ability to initiate and hold conversations across levels within the RSAT businesses, accounts, and sales teams, as well as across levels within marketing and cross-functional teams. It is also an individual contributor role, where you will support the SMU marketing head.
Your day-to-day work may include, but not be limited to, one or more of the following.
- Collaborate with Sector Head and business teams to develop strategic marketing plans.
- Manage and mentor a team directly reporting into you
- Execute demand generation and account-based marketing covering existing and new accounts.
- Develop marketing plan and contact database for target accounts.
- Work with agencies and specialized teams to plan and execute marketing activities.
- Deepen knowledge of industry market, target accounts, and competition.
- Assess competition’s marketing strategy and activities.
- Generate, manage, and nurture leads in relation to target business outcomes.
- Analyze data, gain insights, course correct, and continuously improve results.
- Team with deal pursuit teams to devise win strategies using differentiated solutions.
- Partner with specialists and agencies to develop engaging in-person and virtual events.
- Interact and build a peer network within and outside the organization.
- Maintain project plans, track execution across teams, report status, and manage budget.
- Work with other teams across Wipro (Corporate- Brand, Analyst Relations, Partnerships & Hyperscalers, CEO Office, Global business lines (iDEAS and iCORE).
This is a senior marketing role. It would need overall 12+ years’ experience across strategizing, developing, and executing demand generation, account-based marketing, and deal pursuit marketing campaigns in enterprise organizations. IT Services Marketing & experience in Retail/CPG/Consumer Industries would be preferred.
The right candidate is a highly collaborative and passionate marketing leader with ability to assess business opportunities and develop strategic marketing plans and programs that drive business outcomes. Experience working with senior business, account, and sales leaders to develop and execute programs is important. Must have experience in handling and mentoring a team. Equally important is the experience and proficiency in integrating marketing channels including but not limited to website, email, social media, social advocacy, display ads, re-targeting, and in-person and virtual events. Proficiency in effective communications, both written and spoken is a must.
- Of the 12+ years, 5+ of demand gen campaign experience and/or marketing program management experience.
- Experience building integrated marketing campaigns for an IT Services/B2B technology company.
- Should possess outstanding communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Candidate must have a successful track record of managing and executing programs with cross-functional virtual teams globally across time zones.
- High energy self-starter with a can-do attitude, and ability to learn quickly and work in a hyper-growth environment, while setting strategy with the Retail leadership team and getting down in the weeds to get the job done.
- Experience with digital strategy including, ad-tech, landing pages, analytics, nurture, podcasts, etc.
- Experience managing and executing marketing for large deal and proactive pursuits.
- Candidate must have great intuition for bold, sharp and creative messaging as it relates to promotional content – (landing pages, ads, social media posts, etc.), and provide strategic direction and guidance to the team on the content mix needed to support the campaign.
- Must have experience handling large events and budgets.
- Knowledgeable in Retail, Supply chain, Logistics, Technology markets, and experience in handling theme-based campaigns around Cloud, AI, Blockchain etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience with marketing automation and program collaboration tools: SFDC, Marketo, Demandbase, ABM Programs (ITSMA etc.), Windows Suite, Adobe, etc.
- Handle both in-person and virtual events. Experience in managing end-to-end large events like NRF, CES, OOW, Dreamforce would be critical.
- Salary Range Salary as per market standards
- Salary payable Per Month