Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the proper termination of the cables both in the field side and the control room side as per the cable schedule through continuity checks.
- Checking of the complete loop by feeding the inputs from the field and also the outputs from the
- control room through loop checking.
- Supervise the Instrument Commissioning Technicians in commissioning various field instruments – Cold and Hot Loop Checks.
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the various control schemes in the DCS for BOP and Electrical Systems.
- Powering up DCS Controllers and preparing for IO checks – MKVIe control systems
- Coordinate, communicate, report to DCS Engineering team for any technical issues
- Perform system level function checks, interlock checks and protection checks prior start of each system.
- Startup of all systems
- Coordinate interface with GT / ST Control systems
- Manage overall DCS Controls commissioning.
- Complete Final Commissioning Documentation at the end of Project and
- Provide experience feedback on problems faced.
- The preparation and execution of DCS commissioning, trial run, acceptance testing and inspection/measurements works.
- The technical safety of system within his/her scope/discipline of work from turnover from Installation until hand over to the customer (COD).
- Commissioning is performed in a safe and timely manner in accordance with the contract, budget and time schedule.
- Manage, perform, coordinate and monitor DCS commissioning.
- Organize and supervise the safe operation of the plant (site rules, safety regulations, shift plan, shift log, etc.) from system turnover from erection until PAC by arrangement with the COMM Lead.
- Facilitate the turnover of systems from Installation to commissioning and from commissioning to the customer in accordance with current procedure/work instruction.
- Perform commissioning according to the specifications and engineering documents, taking into account the safety instructions, environmental protection measures and local regulations.
- Execute the additional commissioning tests, as defined by contract and local regulations, which are beyond the regular commissioning scope.
- Execute all witness points of systems as defined by contract, local regulations and project witnessing documentation.
- Ensure that the engineering department is involved in handling technical problems and decisions.
- Ensure commissioning, operation, quality, record and feedback documentation are issued.
- Hand over the collected and collated commissioning, quality and feedback documentation with a document list to the COMM Lead for release.
Bachelor’s Degree in Automation & Control / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
Controls / DCS commissioning experience in Power Projects for minimum of 2 years with MK VIe Control system.
Strong team player with good communication skills.
Possessing strong process knowledge of Combined Cycle Power Plant.
Willingness to travel & work at all Project site locations across Middle east region.
- Salary Range 25,000 to 30,000
- Salary payable Per Month