Responsible for structuring Long-Term Disability (LTD) claims based on claim receipt date. Support the claim adjudication (claim specialist) team with the initial claim setup in accordance with the plan provisions, identify potential recurrent claims, and utilize several systems to verify coverage. Determine LTD eligibility. Prepare and send acknowledgment in 5-days to EE/ER. Respond to questions from EE & ER over emails. The position is expected to structure LTD – stand-alone claims, bridge claim from STD via various intake modes for large, mid large & small market. Interact with claim specialist, claim support specialist (QA), Claims Manager (stateside supervisors), EE, ER through emails/systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, validate and process transactions as per Desktop procedures (L3 & L4)
- Analyze and research all discrepancies.
- Research & Investigate and resolve outstanding items
- Determine eligibility and applicable plan provisions while meeting timeliness goals
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication (Scripted and Templatized) with employee, employer & stateside resources by email
- Establish action plans for each file to bring claims to resolution
- Utilize internal and external specialty resources to maximize impact on each claim file
- Utilize Intellis and ACS (SIR) to update and maintain accurate data record
- Use PC programs to increase productivity and performance
- Ensure that the assigned targets are met in accordance with SLA and Internal standards
- Ensure that the quality of transaction is in compliance with predefined parameters as defined by Process Excellence
- Work as a team member to meet office goals to obtain disability’s vision while demonstrating core values and meeting key measures.
- Ensure adherence to established attendance schedules
- Sedentary work – involves sitting most of the time
- Close visual acuity – viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading
- Talking – expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Any other essential function that may occur from time to time as directed by the Supervisor.
Primary Internal Interactions
- AM for the purpose of reporting performance, escalation handling, clarifying concerns, and seeking feedback and support.
- Manager for the purpose of settling issues left unresolved by the AM and monthly evaluation of performance.
- Subject Matter Expert for the purpose of work thread related issues and escalated transactions.
- QCA for the purpose of feedback and audit.
- Trainers for the purpose of Pre-process and Process training.
- Good computer navigation skills
- Good keyboarding speed
- Good knowledge of complete MS Office suite
- Knowledge about the Insurance industry in US
- Knowledge about US Culture
- Knowledge of Insurance principles
- Communication skills – should be able to read, interpret business documents. Good oral/written communication
- Proficiency in English – Spoken and Written
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Escalate issues if required
- Data gathering ability/ Eye for detail
- Team work/ Managing Self / Adaptability
- Ability to work successfully in production driven environment
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to work on routine/standardized transactions
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
- Salary Range Salary as per market standards
- Salary payable Per Month