PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- You coordinate and are responsible for the deployment of Logistics strategies at regional level including continuous improvement, ERP use, material flow, storage, packaging, warehousing and transport optimization to ensure availability of materials for the operations at the right costs.
- You define and coordinate the main working areas to optimize the logistic flows in compliance with QCDE targets (Quality, Cost, Delay and EHS : Environment, Health and Safety) at region level.
- Standardize the packaging solutions within the region & share the best practice with the Global Supply Chain team.
- Define concrete packaging requirements for production and define the methods with the respective areas.
- Deploy standard solutions to optimize the logistic flows (line feeding, push flow, digital solution, ) & share the best practice with the Global Supply Chain team.
- Contribute to the negotiations with the suppliers through the GENERIC Supply Chain Specifications (SLRD Supply & Logistics Requirement Document).
- Validate the business case, profitability analysis, ROI done by the site Logistics Engineering team.
- Coordinate at region level benchmark and all new digital solutions improving logistic flows (initiate POC, technology intelligence, ) and share the best practices (goods to man, robot and AGV) & inform the Global Supply Chain team by giving follow-up of the projects.
- Ensure that the material master is correctly set up by the sites (logistic flows, ABCD cycle counts, stock strategy, ).
- Develop efficient solutions in collaboration with local Logistics Engineering team like VMI (Consignment Stock), logistic platform with external contractors.
- Contribute to the transport strategies improvements (cost reduction, quality, delivery on time, ).
- Define concrete alternatives for transport and guidance for the sites.
- Contribute to define best cost (TCO) solutions for transport for the regions.
- Ensure targets and KPI are met within region, define actions plan.
- Measure adherence to the logistics processes (by launching the yearly golden rules self-assessment on sites) & share the improvements (quality and reduce costs savings) inside the Region & cascade them to the Global Supply Chain team.
- For Greenfield plant, define warehouse sizing & layouts, its internal/external flows and storage policy.
- Support the Local Logistics Engineering team during the ramp-up phase of any project or when staff issue; regarding the main tasks: packaging, material flow, supplier relationship (SC Specification), Lean Logistics.
- Lead functionally the local Logistics Engineering teams and share the best practices.
- Ensure site Logistics Engineering team follow ALSTOM logistic processes.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduated from Engineering school or equivalent
- English (written and spoken)
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Knowledgeable of ERP SAP (WM and IM modules)
- Good communication, negotiation, leadership, and initiative skills
- Strategic and methodical vision
- Problem solving skills
- An agile, inclusive, and responsible attitude
- Salary Range 20,000 to 25,000
- Salary payable Per Month