We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
POSITION: Machine Learning Engineer
Alstom announces an opening for a Data Scientist at our Bangalore, India site. This position supports the ADM Mobility Analytics program by developing, testing, validating, and industrializing Machine Learning (ML) algorithms for different data-driven applications in the Mobility domain. The main goal of the ADM Mobility Analytics program is to develop ML software modules in order to improve customer performance and experience using existing and new data analytics, supported by advanced simulations and domain experts. The main purpose of this position is to support senior data scientists and DevOps/MLOps engineers to develop zero-to-hero analytics applications (‘proof of concept” to “free-for-tender”) in maintenance, operations, energy, and city flow domains and secure successful field trials with our customers. In this capacity, you will be able to work on our next generation data-driven solutions for the Mobility industry, within a lean startup environment, in collaboration with engineering & mobility experts, data engineers, DevOps/software engineers, and HMI designers/storytellers.
Networks and links:
Mobility Analytics program, Engineering, Technical teams, R&D, Innovation teams
Start-ups, data companies, other industrial companies, suppliers, academics, research institutes
- Design and develop machine learning (ML) and AI pipelines and systems for the Mobility Analytics projects according to data science requirements and business needs.
- Ensure scalability, security, performances, reliability and recovery of ML pipelines.
- Transform data science proof-of-concept to production-grade software solutions.
- Help developing, governing, and maintaining DevOps/MLOps framework for supporting CI/CD cycles.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments using DevOps/MLOps framework(s).
- Perform statistical analysis of the ML algorithms during training, validation, and testing/production phases; fine-tune algorithms if needed.
- Apply data management and cyber security to ML software components.
- Support projects and field testing by deploying data-driven solutions.
- Evaluate and suggest the new technologies, extend existing ML libraries and frameworks.
- Developments QCD
- Engineering or master’s degree in computer science, machine learning, software development, & information systems.
- Data Science and/ or Machine Learning
- Operational research / mathematics / statistics
- 3 to 5 years in IT and/or digital companies or software or startups.
- Proven experience as an ML engineer or DevOps engineer working on deployment and automation of ML projects.
- Extensive knowledge of writing robust, tested, and documented code in Python (mandatory) (or Java/Scala is a plus).
- Experience in developing solutions with Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, OpenFaaS, Nifi, and Kubernetes for production.
- Experience with MLOps frameworks (providing model tracing and reproducibility, teams collaboration, solution scalability, ML model performance monitoring, etc).
- Deep working knowledge with machine learning libraries and frameworks (scikit-learn, keras, tensorflow, etc).
- Experience using DevOps technologies, such as GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansibles, OpenFaas, and NiFi, in production.
- Experience with developing serverless ML functions.
- Experience with data structures, modelling, and software architecture.
- Deep knowledge of SQL database (Postgres, MariaDB, ArangoDB, and MySQL) and no-SQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasicSearch).
- Fluent in English. French is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps/MLOps for data-driven applications.
- Knowledge of statistics, probability, and optimization algorithms.
- Good understanding of the Apache open-source ecosystem.
- Knowledge of network and security: SSL, certificates, IPSEC, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Experience with writing technical documentation and trainings.
- Experience with LINUX environment (shell scripting).
Behavioral competencies: * Be innovative and demonstrate to peers thought process in creation of code libraries, reusable codes and model based developments.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide ,influence and convince others as per program needs.
- Be good team player and flexible.
Competencies & Skills
- Passion for developing and deploying efficient, repeatable, testable, scalable, and well-documented ML/AI solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work successfully with both local and remote / international teams.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, balance multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and work with frequent interruptions.
- Desire to be a team player and contributor in a highly collaborative environment across diverse and distributed teams.
Perspective candidates will be asked to present their previous work (if possible) in order to demonstrate their machine learning proficiency levels.
Language and skills:
- Proficient in English Language.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Salary Range 30,000 to 40,000
- Salary payable Per Month