Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa’s consulting division, serving Visa’s clients (including card issuers, acquirers, sellers and Fintechs) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operations and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams and the Center of Excellence (COE) team which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Issuer portfolio optimization, Digital, Risk, Business Solutions and Acquiring). The incumbent will be part of VCA India and South Asia team and will be responsible for advising Visa’s clients in the areas of business and go to market strategy, product development, portfolio optimization, risk management, digital strategy and managed services, working closely with the multiple Visa teams in India and AP COE team in Singapore.
The typical persona of a Manager, Payments Consulting at Visa
What will be your goals?
- Manage 9-10 medium to large size projects in a year
- Deliver consulting projects as well as analytics projects across payments value chain
- Strives to achieve excellent client Net promotor score.
- Leads the project with/without a Senior Manager/Director as engagement lead
- Develops IP for the Visa Knowledge Management Platform(s)
- Support Senior Managers/Directors in business development
What will you do?
- Delivers at least 1 project at a time
- Manages allocated project deliverables within quality standards and budget.
- Structures documents and project deliverables, leveraging insights from data and client inputs
- Leads at least 1 project at a time and leads client discussions for medium projects
- Routinely identifies new trends and conducts research to develop in depth comprehension of a particular topic
- Manages direct/indirect teams with/without Senior Manager’s/Director’s Project lead’s oversight and handles mentorship responsibilities.
- Supports white papers and IP development
- Contributes to VCA intellectual property (e.g. case studies) that can be captured and uploaded to VCA knowledge management platform(s)
- Strengthens functional expertise in consulting service lines
- Manages client projects owning all client deliverables
- Support Senior Managers/Directors in business development by creating strong proposals and pitch documents, present during client meetings
Why this is important to Visa
Payments Consulting is an important part of the overall strategy of Visa and a growing need of the clients. As the consulting arm of Visa, VCA wants to build a team of highly specialized experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. In this role, you will be a critical part of Visa’s strategy to serve its client and help them grow their business and manage it more efficiently. In the role, you will at the forefront of providing consulting advice and will have ownership of key metrics directly contributing to Visa’s goal.
What Behavioral traits are we looking for?
- Independent in delivering large complex projects with quality outputs, seeks guidance as needed,
- Hunger to solve complex problems and look beyond the obvious
- Innovative thinker, encourages others and adapts novel approaches to problem solving
- Collaborates for efficiency in a project
- Influencer within project team that s/he works with or leads.
- Creates a positive culture across multiple teams that s/he works with or leads
What you will need
- Data analysis -Advanced
- Problem Solving -Advanced
- Business acumen -Proficient
- Communication & Story telling -Advanced
- Stakeholder management -Proficient
- Consulting Sales skills- Intermediate
Educational and Experience Related Expectations
- Graduate Degree in Any Discipline + 5 years OR Post Graduate in Management/Science + 2 years OR PhD + 0 years from top-tier school or university (IIT/IIM/ISB/ Other top business schools and engineering colleges/Leading Universities like JNU/Delhi University/Calcutta University/Bombay University, etc. or top global universities/business schools/engineering colleges)
- Experience in payments/banking/strategy/process consulting with top-tier consulting firms AND/OR experience in payments/retail banking/strategy unit in leading Banks
- Salary Range 90,000 to 1,00,000
- Salary payable Per Month