The Role AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – including oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. In addition, the launch of the Asset Performance Management (APM) suite supports corporate reliability initiatives, taking an analytics-driven approach to asset availability. It combines deep process modeling expertise with real time big data to extend asset life and effectiveness. APM enables you to accurately predict and eliminate the root cause of all failures, so the only downtime you experience is the downtime you plan.
We are looking to hire a Manager of ENG Solution Consultants with technical and business strength in Performance Engineering Solutions for our Team in Southern Asia and position is based in Pune India. The Manager, ENG Solution Consulting role provides technical, business, industry and management support to the AspenTech regional sales and services teams in selling to and servicing our customers.
The ENG solution consulting team is tasked with supporting the sales process with knowledge of the AspenTech products and services, value definition and industry vertical knowledge as well as developing and maintaining key relationships with AspenTech’s clients and prospects. The candidate will be responsible for working with our account managers and the technical community within our clients.
The successful candidate must have strong business acumen and customer interaction skills. The role requires the ability to understand customer challenges and industry drivers, formulate potential solutions from Aspen’s portfolio, implement technical pilots demonstrating technical success and value, build and justify the business case for client investment, and provide support to the direct sales force in the sales process.
The candidate will be measured against the license revenue and service bookings objectives established by management for the relevant region and BU.
- Apply consultative skills in customer-facing situations to identify customer problems and understand their business and operational issues. Facilitate customer understanding of AspenTech Engineering products & solutions technical functionality, value creation and business process improvement.
- Articulate the overall solution and provide the vision with an understanding of the customer’s business and technology needs, AspenTech’s previous successes and the competitive landscape.
- Act as business partner with the account team to develop the account strategy based on the industry and client business environment maximizing product usage and growth. Refine the solution and vision messages for the overall project and work with other team members to develop presentation materials that effectively communicate these messages, leading clients to action.
- Participate and/or lead customer consulting engagements to facilitate sales, including demonstrations, workshops, value assessments, and technical seminars. Proactively support pipeline development (e.g. account planning, awareness sessions, workshops etc) and sales execution for assigned accounts and opportunities.
- Develop commercial proposals for assigned opportunities. Respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP questionnaires as required.
- Accountable for achieving personal targets such as productivity, bookings and other Solution Consulting related targets.
- Challenge customer’s current way of doing business to drive results.
- Reinforce the disciplined use of sales processes (WINS), internal processes such as Deal Models and operating policies and objectives of the company.
- Promote programs to build core competencies, values and culture in the Solution Consultants where performance and speed of execution matters.
- Accountable for regional Solution Consulting support for pipeline development (marketing, account planning, awareness sessions, etc.) and sales execution (strategy for accounts and opportunities).
- Accountable for qualification, assignment, prioritization and communication of Solution Consulting resources to account planning, pipeline execution, programs and marketing campaigns to maximize productivity, engagement and bookings.
- Accountable for the establishment of performance goals and plans.
- Accountable for the continuous improvement of Solution Consultant’s industry and solution knowledge, value proposition and consultative acumen.
- Accountable for the retention of key talent and hiring and on boarding of new employees.
- Manage Solution Consulting team to drive rapid new business sales growth in the region
- B.S. / M.S. in Chemical Engineering with 12-15 years practical experience in consulting, technology, and/or industry.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ hands on experience in process simulation tools like Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Plus, PRO-II, ChemCAD, UniSim, gPROMS, Aspen HYSYS Petroleum Refining, PetroSim, Aspen Exchanger Design & Rating and Capital Cost Estimation.
- Deep Domain expertise in Refining, Chemicals, Spec Chem, Polymer & Petrochemicals Industries required.
- Experience in the process or manufacturing industries, preference from Chemicals, Spec Chem & Polymers
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- Strong business acumen. Adept at performing customer interviews, identifying improvement opportunities, and overcoming resistance to change. Ability to assess and articulate customer value creation.
- Must possess a strong passion for cutting-edge technologies, with the aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- A team player with the ability to relate to customers and maintain good working relationship.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal in English
- This role is customer facing role, candidates should have strong interpersonal communication & presentation skills
- Flexibility to travel 50-60% of time.
Specific Product Knowledge:
- Experience with Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, O&G and EPC would be preferred
- Industry experience from operating companies would be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Refining & Chemicals business processes.
- Knowledge of asset management and maintenance business processes.
- Familiar with Digitization 4.0 / Digital Twin Projects Implementation
- Experience in AI/ML, Data Modeling would be preferred
What You’ll Need
- Salary Range Salary as per company norms
- Salary payable Per Month