We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
EN-DT-01: (Site) Mechanical Domain Leader (MDL)
Purpose of the Job
- Secure application by the team of QMS and corresponding Engineering Instructions, Process and tools for Mechanical design Domain on Site.
- Managing the Mechanical Design Domain workload and the subcontracting activities
- managing the continuous improvement actions in the group through APSYS Eng program (EDU)
Position in the Organisation
- Hierarchial Reporting: Site Traction Design Manager (TDM)Network & Links
- Engineering: Engineering quality manager, DL of other domains, etc..
- Project: Project Engineering Managers (PrEM), traction design leader(TDL), Project Industrial manager (PrIM)
- Site: HR Department, Sourcing Department, Indus Departement, Quality Department, etc…
- External Interface : Subcontractors, MDL from other sites.
- Mechanical Domain Top 10 issues management.
- Continuous improvement of the Mechanical Domain team performance for project/program activities (OTD, FTR, etc…)
- BGL subcontracting level
- Subcontracting performance
- Respect of QCD work packages at Mechanical Domain level
- Mechanical design reviews performed on time and documented
- Workload management at Mechanical Domain level
- People Management cycle on time / Succession plan
- Compliance to Alstom Transport/Engineering processes & instructions
- Continuous improvement or Return on Experience (RoE) management from previous projects = zero missing RoE.
Accountable for :
- Ensuring performance of the mechanical design team
- Ensuring understanding and application of the TD rules, processes and tools (single-domain) by the mechanical design teams
- Ensuring proper collaborative work with other Domains/Metier/Departments
- Validating mechanical team QCD commitments and ensuring that QCD work packages are respected
- Assessing the competency of the mechanical team members and defining competency development plans
Responsible for :
- Managing the development of the site Mechanical Domain team to ensure the adequacy of the capacity vs workload vs skills and the transfer of activities if needed.
- Managing mechanical design domain workload and put in place adequate indicators
- Allocating adequate mechanical resources to the projects/programs/tenders.
- Applying and follow-up the People Management Cycle on time for Mechanical Domain team according to N+1 and HR instructions.
- Putting in place and managing adequate subcontracting strategy with sourcing and other Alstom sites including BGL to secure the QCD TDL contract with the PrEM
- Supporting the Mechanical design Domain team in the resolution of issues
- Reporting on Mechanical design Domain activities progress and alerting in case of main issue (capacity, skills, rule applicability, team member issue)
- Managing the mechanical design EDU in line with standard approach defined by central and Tarbes SED
- Managing the training plan of the team
Contributor for :
- Collaborating with Central Engineering to
- define and improve mechanical design competence matrix
- put in place and manage mechanical design EDU.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering applied to Railway products (or Automotive domain or Aerospace domain) with 3+ years of experience
- Experience of 3+ years team management
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills
- Conflict Management and multitasking
- Customer Focus / Management skills
- Structured and organised with Hand-on approach
- English operational in read/writing and technical meetings.
- Total Mechanical Domain team: 10 to 20 persons
- The objective and performance management have to be shared with TDE
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Salary Range 25,000 to 30,000
- Salary payable Per Month