Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited (RBEI), is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global supplier of technology and services, offering end to end engineering, IT and Business solutions.
With over 18000 associates, RBEI is the largest software development center of Bosch outside Germany, indicating we are the Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India. We have a global footprint with presence in US, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. RBEI is ISO 9001:2008 certified (2012), appraised at CMMI-L5 as per version 1.3 (2011), ASPICE – level3 based on version 2.5 and ISO 15504- 5 and 7, and also ISO 27001 with seven state-of-the-art facilities spread across Bangalore and Coimbatore in India, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam and Guadalajara in Mexico, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 certified (2014).
We nurture, build and sustain enduring customer relationships to enable direct operational and strategic benefits to our customers. We make it happen through qualified, motivated and flexible professional associates, who uphold the heritage and values of Bosch – time-tested over 125 years of a successful journey; a journey marked by quality, reliability and innovation of service to enhance the interest of our customers and the community we live in.
We provide solutions for businesses in primarily three areas:
- Engineering Services
- IT services
- Business services
Our focal industries:
- Automotive industry
- Industrial Technology
- Consumer Goods and Building Technology.
“We see RBEI as helping us to achieve the technological lead we need to have in order to prevail in increasingly competitive world markets….. RBEI is about ensuring product excellence under conditions that allow us to maintain our global competitiveness” – Mr. Franz Fehrenbach, Chairman of the Board of Management, Robert Bosch GmbH.
- To ensure compliance of Open Source Software used in product development
- Central point of contact for all project related issues and questions regarding Open Source software license/usage issues.
- Co-ordinate with development and legal teams for Open Source compliance activities during product life cycle
- Review software architecture and design of a project w.r.t OSS usage
- Review OSS components (license terms and obligations) and approval of the same (through legal team) to be used in software development
- Coordinate with external vendors wherever necessary compliance to OSS usage in Software development
- Experienced in Open Source software development and design (using C/C++/Java)
- Knowledge of Open Source Software architecture/Platforms (Linux/Eclipse/Android)
- Good communication and task co-ordination skills
- Experience with Linux OS will be preferred
- Knowledge on Open Source Licensing & Compliance and Scripting would be an added advantage
Bachelors in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computer Science, Telecommunication), Master in Communication Applications
2 to 5 years in the area of Open Source Product Development & Coordination.
- Salary Range 40,000 to 50,000
- Salary payable Per Month