Market Job Description
About India & Philippines (I&P)
I&P enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo’s business lines and staff functions.
About the department
Corporate Risk enables all Wells Fargo businesses to identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including operational risk (Ops Risk), credit risk, market risk, reputation risk, and compliance risk. Ops Risk Management is responsible for independently overseeing the management of ops risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate ops risk exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies and jurisdictions) and the quality of ops risk management practices.
Operational Risk Events (ORE) team is responsible for the data quality controls, reconciliation, quality assurance, measurement and monitoring, and enhance the framework to support front line data providers, ensuring that operational risk event data is accurate and complete and regulatory rules and data management requirements are supported and appropriately applied.
About the role
The Operational Risk Officer should have skills such as data analytics, reporting, data assurance, excel and accounting background. Specifically, the role will be responsible for assisting stakeholders on Operational Risk Events.
- Immediate temporary QA support prior to and during ORE QA transition to Front Line
- ORE Health Check Reports
- Includes upload HC reports to a SharePoint site for FL, review & adjustment of results (for false positives), monitor resolution of exceptions from ORE HC reports and generate communications & reports
- Preparation of Reviewer Checklist
- Preparation of monthly report for head of ORFP, CORO and ORGC
- Communications with Front Line
- ORE GL Reconciliation: preparation, execution, follow-up & resolution:
- Convert GL Recon files to the required format and save to a SharePoint for FL.
Review and adjust results of GL Recon for breaks codification rules that cannot be not implemented in the system under the current design. * Consolidate FL responses and upload them to the ORE system.
- Pre-populate data to GL Recon Review checklist.
- Monitor resolution of exceptions from GL Recon.
- Monitor FL usage of GL transactions from the already closed rec months (e.g., linking Sep’21 GL transactions to events created in Dec’21).
- Review and Preparation of BG reports and communications
- Monitoring of breaks resolution and potential escalation
A successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to determine accuracy and relevancy of information to effectively generate and evaluate conclusions and/or recommend alternatives
- Must possess a results driven attitude committed to quality work
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience in handling stakeholders across one or more geographic territories or regions
- Strong organization skills; ability to prioritize, proficient in Microsoft tools, skilled in verbal & written communication
- Proven ability to proactively identify and independently provide solutions to complex issues that have cross-organizational impact
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build credibility at all levels, influence peers and partners, and communicate vision effectively.
10+ years of experience in operational risk management, compliance (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 4+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree in Finance or related discipline
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to challenge for material areas of improvement and articulate risk impact
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions
- Deep knowledge of capital regulations and finance and accounting concepts with ability to apply concepts to effective processing methods
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Previous work experience with and understanding of Wells Fargo financial systems and risk processes
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
- Salary Range 60,000 to 70,000
- Salary payable Per Month