At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Develop and validate code used to join geospatial data to relational database attributes
- Run test and client data sets
- Perform statistical analysis of data and results
- Use visualization tools such as maps and charts to validate results
- Write technical documentation for internal use and distribution to clients
- Create and deliver presentations of analysis methods and results to coworkers
- Identify areas for improvement and develop practical implementations of improvements
- Work as member of multi-faceted development team
Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to gather, understand, and critically analyze tabular data
- Knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Programming experience in a high-level language such as SQL, C#, Python or C++
- Insurance industry knowledge
- Familiarity with handling raw data and manipulating large data sets
- Knowledge of open-source GIS and Tableau for visualization
- Spatial SQL
- Experience in risk modeling and/or economic modeling
- Foreign language skills
- BS with 3-5 yrs experience in a quantitative field such as computer science, mathematics, economics, demographic or statistics
- MS Degree preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Salary Range 70,000 to 80,000
- Salary payable Per Month