What will you be doing?
- Ensure solutions and engineering delivery in the Java area using the best technology feasible. This includes hand on coding in a fully Agile environment following XP practices
- Working with key stakeholders and colleagues in India as well as US to ensure goals are understood, the protocols are adhered to, and strong engineering capability delivered.
- Working as part of a team, encourage innovation & best practices.
- Problem solving with alternative approaches and in consultation with stakeholders
- Leading a team of upto 4-6 members and managing stakeholders
What weâre looking for:
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design using Java or any other Language.
- experience in Java 1.8
- Hands on experience in JEE frameworks e.g. Spring, Spring MVC, Spirng Boot,Â JPA or other ORM frameworks.
- Hands on experience on WebServices (SOAP, REST)
- Strong Understanding of Messaging concepts and technologies Active MQ/RabbitMQ etc.
- Strong DevOps concepts and understanding of Open source cloud technologies
- Experience in Build tools like, Maven/Gradle etc.
- Should be able to lead the team and manage stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Enterprise Containerization technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift etc.
- Experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Any UI technologies (Angular, React etc)Â Â
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more â as a professional, and as a person. âBe More @ Barclaysâ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. Itâs the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your familyâs needs. At Barclays, youâll support our customers and clients, and weâll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
Where will you be located?
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays weâre leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And thatâs why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
- Salary Range Salary as per company norms
- Salary payable Per Month