The Senior Services Engineer – Technical Lead is a pivotal part of the services organization, who owns the project’s Delivery Model and is the Technical Leader on the Project. The Technical Lead cultivates relationships with a portfolio of customers in both pre-sales and project delivery phases and provides objective advice and assistance on the strategy, structure, management and operations of a customer organization, in support of identified business purposes and objectives.
The Technical Lead provides technical leadership in pre-sales and delivery phases to clients, cross-functional GE teams and key suppliers to identify and define client business outcomes and continues to manage those relationships to ensure outcomes are met within project constraints. You will play a key leadership role in defining, implementing and maintaining the internal Project Engineering team’s best practices and delivery standards across existing and new opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Familiar with and understand the Asset Management suite of applications products, such as Smallworld GIS, Electric Office, Gas Distribution Office, Physical Network Inventory, Logical Network Inventory, Network Inventory Gateway, GeoSpatial Analysis, and Mobile Enterprise solutions
- Contribute to and potentially lead the implementation of project stages of Asset Management solutions built on the Smallworld GIS platform, the utilities and telecoms office solutions and mobile enterprise suite.
- Development of detailed design specifications.
- Own technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects.
- Managing the Business Requirements Matrix to ensure that traceability of Contracted Requirements can be provided within the solution
- Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions.
- Write epics and stories and works with team to maintain a well-refined backlog
- Attend all project review meetings with management and help drive customer direction on scope
- Works with Business Analysts when the technical solution is being questioned by the customer
- Responsible for technical workshops held with the Customer, generation / approvals of the technical project collaterals and the maintenance of the Jira Boards
- Interact with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required for the solution.
- Seek out new opportunities (licenses or services) within existing customer sites and liaise with GE sales or partners to convey and enable them to follow through on such opportunities.
- Provision and or review of Technical Estimates within a WBS or Jira Board for ITO Bid Responses and/or Change Requests
- Consultation to customers for training, implementing and upgrading GE software solutions (particularly for the Smallworld product suite)
- Engage with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in the successful transfer of complex domain knowledge and utilize these complex engineering concepts in projects.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive team member, supporting pre-sale strategy, services consulting efforts, and project execution.
- Effectively apply Asset Management SSDM methodology and project standards.
- Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge.
- Work independently as well as part of the team.
- Technical Leadership of the delivery and implementation of large complex electric, gas, and/or telecommunications solutions
- Analyze, define and prioritize Business and Functional requirements and processes and propose technical solutions to meet the business issues and close inefficiency gaps
- Responsibility for the Business requirements through the entire lifecycle of the project from definition, implementation, test and delivery
- Create and maintain relationships with key decision makers, stakeholders and 3rd Parties
- Participate & lead technical requirements workshops
- Write and present technical proposals and presentations
- Ability to take ownership of issues and get them resolved using self-driven initiative
- Operate with and influence senior client stakeholders
- Ability to focus on the critical business outcomes and drive teams to achieving these goals
- Multi task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Passionate about customer satisfaction
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to accept and promote change
- Ability to quickly learn and acquire deep understanding of new software applications and environment
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Geography, Computer Science, or related Engineering Discipline from an accredited university or college
- Direct customer facing experience
- Relevant Smallworld experience of 5+ years in delivery of software projects and service assignments using Smallworld and GIS product suite.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience leading engineering teams, implementing a suite of products and engaging directly with customers
- Experience in developing software in an agile environment. (e.g. scrum, continuous integration, test driven development)
- Must be open to travel
- Must be willing to work across timezones to support projects in APAC, EURAF and NAM regions.
- Committed to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
- Familiar with contract terms
- Experience working with global teams / partners
- Strong Software development skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture
- Ability to direct other engineers regarding best practices and ways to improve the overall implementation process
- Ability to develop project tools and templates to facilitate ease of implementation
- Demonstrate awareness about competitors within the GIS industry
- Voice opinions and presents clear rationale using data or factual evidence to influence and look for opportunities to improve the customer experience while maintaining business requirements
- Recognized as a knowledge leader in his/her area of expertise
- Envisions technology landscape best practices and translates them to requirements, architecture and tooling. Defines governance models and engagement processes for use by dependent functions. Viewed as an authority on scalability/supportability, an arbiter on design/development viability and an agent that safeguards customer investments against obsolescence and limits to expansion.
- Leverages knowledge of Utilities & Telecommunications market and customer segment to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer. Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
- Salary Range 90,000 to 1,00,000
- Salary payable Per Month