At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Network Infrastructure (NI)
Our Networks Infrastructure business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including Webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among – edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centres.
We are looking for a highly-motivated software developer responsible to develop custom web-based applications, and network automation tools which are part of a solution portfolio that leverage Nokia’s Network Automation Platform (NSP) to deliver end-to-end services to our customers performing Service Provisioning, Service Automation, Monitoring, and Reporting functions.
- Develop customer specific software solutions from concept to implementation and deployment
- Contribute to the on-going evolution of the existing applications and solutions
- Build software applications using Nokia’s OSS platform framework.
- Work in close partnership with other developers, testers, system architect, project manager to refine requirements, recommend possible solutions, develop and test the applications.
- Interact with support team to determine root cause and develop efficient solutions for issues found in the field
- Write and maintain documentation for internal purposes as well as for the customer
- Assist in task planning, estimation and scheduling
- Interact with the client when necessary
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of experience in software development for web-based applications
- Proficiency with Java programming including experience with Java 8 (the Stream API, concurrency API and lambda expressions)
- Deep knowledge of design patterns, methodologies, best practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Extensive Java EE development experience on the framework and libraries, including Spring framework, Hibernate, JMS, Servlet and JSP Custom Tag.
- Application development using web services, microservices, SOAP, REST, JSON, NETCONF, YANG, YAML
- Expertise with unit test frameworks, automation test suites/tools/pipelines
- Working with relational databases, JDBC, SQL and JPA with Hibernate
- Have the desire and ability to learn in a fast paced, challenging and ever-changing environment, inventive, resourceful and flexible
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a Professional Services team and delivering projects
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP protocol, status codes, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- General understanding of networking technologies and protocols (e.g. IP/MPLS/Ethernet, routing, VPN/VPRN, network OAM)
- Experience with commercial and open source servers like Apache web server, Apache Tomcat, and JBoss.
- Experience supporting live deployments on customer networks
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Salary Range 70,000 to 80,000
- Salary payable Per Month