The Senior Software Developer programs and configures software to meet TIAA business needs. Under moderate supervision, this job identifies and analyzes business software needs, writes code to optimize the performance and efficiency of the organization’s IT platform/infrastructure and conducts testing to ensure programs are functioning properly.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Interprets written business requirements and technical specification documents to design and develop technical solutions that meet business needs in financial industry.
- Collaborates with IT and Business partners to design, develop, and troubleshoot end to end technical solutions.
- Performs coding to written technical specifications.
- Tests the resulting coding components in accordance with company standards and as defined in approved testing plans.
- Investigates, analyzes and documents reported defects – raising issues as appropriate.
- Analyzes run time profiles to debug errors that may exist.
- Performs maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Solves a majority of defects that arise, but escalates complex issues to more senior team members.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Development of complex, UI rich self-service and e-commerce applications using ServiceNow
- Development of reusable and UI rich Service Now components to be used across multiple ServiceNow applications such as Storefront, Cloud provisioning
- Setting up of Cloud provisioning via ServiceNow modules
- Angular development for Service Portal based solutions, creation of reusable components, and integration with 3rd party systems like Jenkins, JIRA, GITLab, Ansible
- Development of APIs and REST services required to integrate ServiceNow with SAM, VMWare, AWS and other products
- Build third party software integrations to facilitate automation.
- Develop and implement automation to eliminate manual processes.
- Facilitate testing of system changes and coordinate with ITIL process owners.
- Activate and customize plug-ins as needed.
- Develop and maintain workflows to replace existing delivery plans.
- Support day-to-day operations relating to user and Assignment group maintenance.
- Work on large modules independently
TIAA GBS India was established in 2016 with a mission to tap into a vast pool of talent, reduce risk by insourcing key platforms and processes, as well as contribute to innovation with a focus on enhancing our technology stack. TIAA GBS India is focused on building a scalable and sustainable organization , with a focus on technology , operations and expanding into the shared services business space.
Working closely with our U.S. colleagues and other partners, our goal is to reduce risk, improve the efficiency of our technology and processes and develop innovative ideas to increase throughput and productivity.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click .
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click .
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click .
- Salary Range 25,000 to 30,000
- Salary payable Per Month