Human-led and tech-empowered since 2002, Walmart Global Tech India delivers innovative solutions to the biggest retailer in the world Walmart. By leveraging emerging technologies, we create omnichannel shopping experiences for our customers, across the globe and help them save money and live better. Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people, and put a smile on their face. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech. Were a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. A core philosophy at Walmart is operating with everyday low cost (EDLC). We use technology to operate smarter and deliver everyday low prices (EDLP) to customers and members.
About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech. Were a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Individual Contributor: Health and wellness
If youre thinking scale, think bigger and dont stop there. At Walmart IDC, we dont just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. Thats Walmart IDC for you.
With last fiscal year revenue of ~$550 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. Were changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores, to mobile, social and even online; were not just ready for the future of shopping, were creating it.
Customer Technology: Health & Wellness – Creating Frictionless End to End Omni channel Customer Journey Store Pharmacy experience, Digital Pharmacy App, Data insights to power Vendor Cost Management for EDLP and Pricing Excellence for EDLP makes our customers smile and our developers proud!
The Customer Technology Health & Wellness team at IDC owns several areas of the Pharmacy Experience at Store, online. We are responsible for architecture, design and delivery of programs within the areas we own.
- Candidates with engineering background and 3.5 to 5.5 years of relevant experience in application development including experience working in Agile teams and strong background in software design.
- Good command on C/C++ and UNIX
- You possess an extremely sound understanding in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Data Structures, Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Any cloud exposure like GCP, Azure or AWS
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including Java, C++, or Python
- Hands-on experience on designing application that communicate via protocols like REST, HTTP(S), WebSocket etc.
- Sound knowledge of source code management – Git/ GitHub.
- Qualifications (Good to have)
- Hands-on experience on containerization / orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in developing CI/CD pipelines would be an added advantage.
- Awareness of cloud offerings from Microsoft Azure like Web Apps, Sql, Cosmos, EventHub, Service Bus, Blobs would be an added advantage.
- Any experience or exposure in Retail applications like HealthCare, Pharmacy.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people across time zone who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with entrepreneurial passion and desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You are innovative, talented and committed individual with excellent communication, sprit of teamwork and Analytical abilities to drive excellence!
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
- Salary Range 30,000 to 40,000
- Salary payable Per Month