Market Job Description
About the Role
The project requires a strong Mainframe Developer capable of working with teams/pods of 2 – 4 team members and work with US and EGS teams to develop and maintain a mainframe based application. The team member would be expected to take on additional responsibilities in different Lines of Business as required by Management
- 7+ years of strong experience in development in the mainframe environment using COBOL, DB2, JCL, CICS.
- Coding & Unit Testing of tasks and creating resolution documents, Module Inventory, Unit Test Plans.
- Ensure that the existing maps are updated periodically and coordinate with trading partners.
- Coordinate for changes that are deployed into UAT and Prod only after they have been reviewed and approved by CDF IT SMEs/BSS/QA team as applicable.
- Raise Change Requests in a timely manner for UAT and Prod deployments. Interfacing with Quality Assurance Group for user acceptance.
- Completion of all mandatory compliance related trainings well in advance.
- Maintain proper office timings and proper communication regarding leave of absence.
- Maintain accurate tracker data for detailed reporting. Provide weekly report as determined by EGS Managers to apprise WF EGS Managers of team capacity, work accomplished in past week, forecast of work plan for next week for individual team members.
- Provide L3 Oncall Support as required to support issues during India business hours/weekend as per project requirement.
- Ensure associates adhere to the agreed upon EGS timings and communicate and get approval from EGS Managers with respect to non-availability during office hours.
- Evaluate impact of enhancements on architecture/data model as required, ensuring adequate response time and data integrity.
- Create and maintain detailed Application Knowledge Repository documents for various functional processes, automation tools developed and any other tasks as requested by WFEGS Managers to ensure continuity and smooth functioning of the application and tools.
- Ensure smooth transfer of Application Knowledge and repository documents to new team members by conducting Knowledge Transfer (KT) sessions and reverse KT sessions with supervision of EGS Managers.
- Proven ability to communicate complex information in simple terms
- Profound ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Superior Analytical and problem solving skills
Enhancements may include, but are not limited to:
- Modifications to existing application
- Data manipulation
- New data feeds
- New application interfaces
- Data Migrations
- Ad-hoc or new reports
- Track enhancement hours used vs. hours allocated per application.
- Interface with Wells Fargo IT Teams or any Wells Fargo subcontracted vendor, as required, for existing/new feeds or any other DB related linkages or application deployments.
- Interfacing with Quality Assurance Group for user acceptance.
- Manage appropriate domain knowledge transfer to IFT IT groups, as required
Support requests by the IT Manager to aid in application and process optimization; documentation; fine-tuning; and technical solution investigation.
Essential Qualifications (Technical Skills):
- z/OS Mainframe, COBOL, CICS, JCL
- Endevor, File-AID, DFSORT, IBM Utilities,
- NDM, Syncsort, Ice Tools, SFTP
- Database: IBM DB2, Oracle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- • Should be good with Agile processes
- Should be willing to work in shifts to provide better overlap with the US/UK/APAC partner team & EGS teams
Desired / Good to Have Qualifications (Technical Skills):
- TELON, CA7, Oracle, Java, CICS Web Services.
- Salary Range 70,000 to 80,000
- Salary payable Per Month