Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a key leader for technological growth, software competency and team advancement in order to accelerate Philips Ultrasound in the market. Direct the best engineers in ultrasound and develop medical products that are helping to save lives every day.
You are responsible for
- Lead the software team throughout the development process in support of product releases that meet customer needs, cost goals, quality goals, and schedule constraints. Develop skills and improve effectiveness of engineers on the team.
- Ensure communication is occurring both within the team as well as with other engineering teams and other functional areas.
- Perform various management tasks including budgeting, performance appraisal, salary administration, hiring, and employee coaching and performance management.
- Take project management responsibility for project releases to support our product roadmap.
- Lead cooperative efforts among members of a project team or participate on a cross functional team.
- Coordinate efforts with other areas of the Ultrasound business, including other functional contribution; or participate in and contribute to Philips-wide or cross-business product development initiatives.
- Execute on the organization’s strategy, providing clearly defined success criteria and levels of accountability for individuals in the team. Remove impediments for the progress of the teams and act as escalation point.
- Actively manage the portfolio of resources, tools, and training to accomplish current and future key objectives.
- Manage the needed capabilities whilst developing and maintaining a long-term view on the required competences and knowledge.
- Execute on continuous improvement in processes and ways of working to achieve operational excellence.
You are a part of
A dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a Senior Software Manager in the Ultrasound R&D organization! This person will be working in our Ultrasound R&D group located in our Bangalore site. This person will get to work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and develop ultrasound products that are helping to save lives every day. We have product development activities taking place around the world!
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years experience leading software development efforts both as a technical and strong functional leader
- Experience with Agile practices such Scrum and Stand-up meetings, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred
- Experience with development of devices is key, medical and regulated knowledge is a plus
- Imaging, Ultrasound or similar domain knowledge is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There’s a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
- Salary Range 30,000 to 40,000
- Salary payable Per Month