As a domain expert for your portfolio, you will engage customers at mid-level management and technical levels to develop/refine portfolio strategy, influence customers, industry direction and execute strategy.
You will elevate how we engage with internal and external software businesses. You will be accountable for driving successful delivery of products from GE Digital, making recommendations on extending software solutions, and representing General Electric to the outside market, including customers, partners and analysts. In this role you will:
- Responsible for product line performance with targets on orders, revenue, cost & margin.
- Identifies and influences market trends and opportunities.
- Drives vision & strategy, roadmap and product lifecycle for sub business unit and its portfolio of products & solutions.
- Participate in events and industry associations to influence the direction for the business and technology in the segment.
- Be a domain/business expert for the portfolio to guide and mentor teams, and establish/refine product management processes.
- Work cross functionally across engineering, marketing, sales, internal and external customers, analysts and senior management teams to formulate and execute the strategy.
- Establish and manage relationship across GE businesses & sub-businesses, partners and customers at director level and above and technical expert levels across industries and geographies.
- Establish strong working relationship with account managers, technical sales and user/developer community.
- Global travel required as necessary.
- This role is responsible for a large product or portfolio of products/solutions with typical revenue influence / target in the range of $50-200M USD per year.
- Will have strong financial acumen and accountability.
- Responsible to create strong working relationship & influence across product management, engineering and other stakeholder groups to successfully execute business strategy across GE businesses, partners and customers.
- Will engage customers at director level and above as a trusted partner.
- Cross functional leadership to define and execute the vision and strategy.
- Legal authorization to work in India is required.
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
- Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation.
- Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations
- Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/ services and alignment across functions and organizations
- Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.)
- Familiarity with SaaS & on-prem architectures, business models, Cloud operations & integration is a must.
- Understanding of user access and authentication technologies, protocols & policies.
- Understanding of tenancy models & architecture for SaaS apps.
- Understanding of network & cloud security.
- Cloud security professional certification is a plus (e.g. AWS Security)
- Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
- Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
- Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
- Establishes relationships in the market intelligence and research community
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
- Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas, and leverages chains of indirect influence
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
- Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
- Accountable for policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics.
- Salary Range 30,000 to 40,000
- Salary payable Per Month