The Sr. Security Researcher will report to the Manager, Security Research. The Security Researcher will be primarily responsible for Analyzing malicious traffic for various protocols to detect the threats by generating Cloud IDS/IPS signatures. Also, will be conducting Log analysis to identify new threats.
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected. In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Ensuring coverage for Cloud IPS products by writing new signatures
- Analyze malicious traffic for various protocols to detect the threats
- Vulnerability and Exploit research to ensure generic detection
- QA and improve existing signatures
- Develop automation scripts to aid in research and analysis tasks
- Write blog posts and papers related to threat analysis
- Log analysis to identify new threats
- 4+ years of experience in security research
- Experience with IDS/IPS (HIPS/NIPS) products
- Strong understanding of the protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP and application protocols such as HTTP, HTTPs, SMB, RDP, FTP, TELNET etc.
- Experience with vulnerability/Exploit research, analyzing outbound malicious traffic
- Experience with creating IPS signatures using SNORT would be great to have
- Exploit development skills would be a great plus
- Experience with Exploit frameworks (Metasploit, Immunity CANVAS etc), Traffic analysis tools (Wireshark, Fiddler, Burp etc.), Malware analysis tools
- Programming: Shell, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Experience in research blogs and/or speaking engagements
- Salary Range 40,000 to 50,000
- Salary payable Per Month