AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: . We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Successful people at AIR come from many different backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. For many roles, meeting the position requirements is essential, but we’re also interested in your communications skills, your attention to detail and the various attributes that affect how you work and how you relate to the people you work with. In short, we look for people with a passion for achievement, integrity and the desire to make things happen.
- Learn and understand the existing architecture and database design of AIR products and contribute to the development, which may span across multiple products
- DB Architectural designs, reviews of DB code and DB design of other teams.
- Develop data models and stored procedures by following best practices in view of performance, scalability and security
- Employ SQL Profiler to address performance issues and troubleshooting with large databases
- Create database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, UDFs etc.
- Be responsible for overall build and release monitoring.
- Primary responsibility is to work on SQL server database intensively but not limited to. Candidate will be provided opportunity to work on application development using .NET as and when it is required.
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- B.Tech or Master’s preferred with 70% throughout the academics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4 to 9 Years’ experience as a database engineer/developer/DBA
- Strong working experience and knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and above with proficiency in performance tuning, troubleshooting and writing T-SQL in an application centric environment
- Strong proficiency with SQL and it is good to know its variation among popular databases
- Skilled at writing and optimizing large complicated stored procedures
- Strong understanding on SQL Server concepts, Execution Plans & SQL Profiler etc. Working experience on dynamic SQL.
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Be aware of potential blocking, deadlocking and write code to avoid those situations.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Salary Range 30,000 to 40,000
- Salary payable Per Month