- Act as a Senior member in Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high-quality design and development practices. Implement new functionalities in power system application software which includes EMS (Energy Management System), DTS (Dispatcher Training Simulator) or DMS (Distribution Management Systems) and Modeling for EMS/DTS/Oil and Gas and Distribution.
- Provide maintenance of power systems application functionality; including code fixes, creating tools for model conversion, documentation, and user interfaces.
- Collaborate with system/project engineers, frontend developers and Energy Management System (EMS) and Distribution Management System (DMS) application developers to implement solutions that are aligned with product direction.
- Consults with other technical leads to ensure that project-related system design guidelines are being followed. Responsible for writing EMS and/or DMS Functional Software Designs.
- Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates.
- Interfaces with customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
- Provides marketing support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Power Systems or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus at least six (6) years development or project delivery experience in related field or
- Work experience in the power systems area.
- Excellent programming skills in C++, Java or other related language, as required. Knowledge on Perl, PowerShell and SQL (MSSQL and/or T-SQL) scripting languages. Good understanding of database operation.
- Excellent knowledge of assigned technical area and a strong understanding of the EMS and DMS software.
- Delivered power systems and/or energy management system applications with focus on Distribution Network Applications like Power flow, Fault Location, Isolation and Service Restoration, Load and Volt Var Management and Distribution Operator training Simulator.
- Experience with electric utility industry practices
- Strong knowledge of customer perspective and needs.
- Proven software design skills at the application and technical area level.
- Ability to see integration issues and to preclude schedule impacts.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentation to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and take leadership roles.
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel and work at customer site, based on the project demands.
- Salary Range 90,000 to 1,00,000
- Salary payable Per Month