Staff Software Engineer – Hybris, Open stack, Java
Career Level: IN 5
About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
Team and Position Summary:
The International Markets team contributes to key global eCommerce sites Walmart Canada, ASDA, Flipkart Wholesale, Walmart Mexico and Walmart Africa. We work on technologies that intersect a wide variety of business models for grocery, general merchandise, and the warehouse format. Our focus is to build a continuous, seamless, omni-channel customer experience across physical stores, eCommerce, and mobile commerce, that is unique to Walmart and sets us apart from our competition.
We are building grounds up platforms and products using cutting edge technology. We provide unique opportunity to fully own the end-to-end tech transformation.
- Drive design, development, implementation and documentation
- Build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting associates of Walmart worldwide.
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products.
- Drive the success of the implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery). Within the established architectural guidelines.
- Work with senior leadership to chart out the future roadmap of the products
- Participate in hiring and build teams enabling them to be high performing agile teams.
- Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams both within India and across the globe. You will use your engineering experience and technical skill to define design and overall architecture for highly scalable and robust solutions.
- 11-15 years of experience in the implementation and maintenance Microsoft infrastructure technologies.
- Planning, configuration, optimization and deploying experience in Microsoft Azure solutions (IaaS, VMs etc.)
- Proven experience in handling large size, multi geography distributed infrastructure set up hosting open stack technologies.
- Detailed understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multiplatform Windows and Linux (Red Hat & SLES) administration, to include shell scripting and networking concepts (VLANs, routing, firewalls, subnetting)
- Strong knowledge on SAN/NAS/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs), logical volume management, NFS, network and security
- Linux, Containerization, Virtualization, Cloud Computing and Configuration Management
- Strong knowledge of supporting IT infrastructure technologies and standards including software & hardware life cycle, policies, security, HA, DR etc.
- Configuration of servers like DNS, DHCP, Samba, NFS, SSH, Firewalls and package management.
- Good knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Good Knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of SAP Hybris infrastructure is a plus
- Knowledge of setting up hybrid web technologies like React Native Web is a plus.
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
- Salary Range 50,000 to 60,000
- Salary payable Per Month
- Experience Level Junior