This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. You will be an integral part of the Open VisaNet development team.
- Design, develop and own mission-critical systems for highly scalable infrastructure for low-latency and high-throughput core payment processing system that has five 9’s availability.
- Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components
- Deliver zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team’s deliverables to meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Break down architected solution into smaller and achievable tasks
- Ensure proper metrics and instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Performance Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Understand E2E implementation and architecture of products/apps in production to optimize and ensure efficiency
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly develop key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick Proof of Concepts and converting ideas into real products.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Basic Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- Software development experience in delivering high quality enterprise class applications that support high-throughput/availability/resiliency/low-latency at scale
- Experience with programming languages like GoLang, Java, Python/Ruby etc
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly
- Experience with container technologies like docker, kubernetes and NoSql databases
- Understanding of architecture and operations micro-service oriented systems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment, Test Automation
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Domain experience in Payment technologies
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
- Salary Range 40,000 to 50,000
- Salary payable Per Month