We help people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 230+ million customers and members visit our 11000+ stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With last fiscal year revenues of approximately $482 billion and 2.2 million employees worldwide, Walmart is simply the largest retail business in the world.
Walmart Global Tech in Bangalore, we enable an ecosystem wherein our customers can “save money so they can live better” by using technology for the charter of building brand new platforms and services on latest technology stack to support both our e-commerce and stores businesses worldwide.
Team and Position Summary
Transactional Systems @WalmartLabs Bangalore in India’s focus is to deliver a multi-tenant Checkout solution using loosely coupled, cloud native applications utilising a micro-service architecture and domain-driven design principles. Unified Payment Team @Walmart Bangalore in India is focus on to provide a singular payment solution for Walmart and its multitude of ecosystems. We provide a complete payment lifecycle management solution that caters to Walmart’s physical POS clients as well as Ecommerce and omnichannel consumers. Our services will be consumed by various markets across many geographies (US, Mexico, UK, Canada, China etc.)
We’re looking for seasoned program manager with a breadth of skills who can create and execute a plan for new strategic initiatives as well as driving compliance of new regulations across the organization. Looking for TPM who can seamlessly handle multiple programs under a given domain and work with multiple agile teams & stakeholders.
Values and Ethics :
1. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and
Technical Skills :
1. Understands architectural paradigms, design patterns and software assets
2. Understand and track technical issues and find solutions for program problems as they arise
1. Able to use organization skills to manage multiple facets of a large-scale project and track progress for several programs at once
2. Able to manage and communicate with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
Core Program Management skills :
1. Ability to drive complex strategic initiatives with high visibility, critical timelines and multiple teams
2. Ability to foresee risks and adopt relevant risk mitigation strategies
3. Ability to drive complex strategic initiatives with high visibility, critical timelines and multiple teams
4. Ability to build relationships with internal/external stakeholders
5. Develops, drives and implements Program / Project Management practices
6. Interacts with key Business Stakeholders, Engineering/Product Leaders, and Executive sponsors.
7. Expert in understanding and driving complex solutions involving multiple stakeholders/teams to
achieve a desired outcome in stipulated time.
8. Develops, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs.
9. Leads the end to end lifecycle of IDC projects and cross functional programs from inception to
completion of rollouts.
Agile skills :
1. Is able to drive quintessential agile practices in day today routine of squads.
2. Able to coach the squad members about the ways of working – Scrum, Scaled Agile or any adopted
ways of working methodology
1. Excellent executive reports and exec communication skills
2. Uses written communication skills to deliver regular program reports and verbal communication to effectively talk to team members and monitor program progress
Multitasking skills :
1. Work on many tasks/program in parallel, which makes multitasking skills a must-have
Time management skills :
1. Since Technical program managers work with strict deadlines, time management is an essential component of this job
1. Technical program managers use problem-solving skills to isolate and solve problems with programs to keep progress on track
- An Engineering Degree – B.E/B.Tech/MS in any stream – Computer Science preferred.
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in software applications environment and significant managerial
- Experience building processes, project management, and complex program schedules.
- Strong project management & cross-group collaboration skills
- Prior experience with implementing and driving initiatives using agile methodologies
- Solid understanding of the current web technologies and general ability to ramp up and go deep in
based on need. Exposure to retail technology would be preferred.
- Think creatively and critically about architecture, and capabilities with innate curiosity and ability to self-
start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Salary Range 40,000 to 50,000
- Salary payable Per Month