About the role
Subsystem Specialist will have the Design Authority for your specific subsystem within the Services Product Line across Alstom Fleets and provide technical leadership, expertise and technical governance to deliver R&D, Maintenance, Product Development and Safety improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical leadership, expertise and technical governance to bids and projects.
- Close engagement with supply chain to identify emerging technologies applicable to Alstom legacy fleets. Build relationships and develop sub-systems strategic road maps with global sub-system supply chain leads.
- Promote best practice at subsystem level, promoting standardized cross platform solutions, modifications, upgrades, optimizations, cost reduction and maintenance practice.
- Support the product line organization in the delivery of product development / improvement or maintenance optimization opportunities.
- Identify subsystems affected by safety issues and ensure common response and mitigations across fleets / platforms.
- Provide Systems engineering expertise to support the regions in their response to safety bulletins, supporting risk assessments, and root cause analysis sessions using recognized techniques and endorsement of associated engineering change.
- Drive in-house overhaul or spares capability at sub-system level.
- Identify existing sub systems architecture by fleet and set up a sub-system engineering community, and standardized reporting (establish user groups and links with regional projects).
- Leverage global sub-system usage to drive supplier improvement programs.
- Work with the wider organization to understand subsystem performance / failure trends to prioritize action.
- Anticipate and resolve critical systems obsolescence issues applicable to your sub system and to support the development of any resulting engineering change.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Salary Range 25,000 to 30,000
- Salary payable Per Month