For nearly 95 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. A legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to facilitating communication for the Apollo moon-landing mission, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas.
The Supply Chain Services group part of Product Support & Logistics Division currently has a job opening for a ‘Supply Chain Planning Engineer 1 & 2 – Analytics’ position located in Bangalore, India facility.
Data Accuracy & Records Tracking (DART) Team Overview :
The Data Accuracy & Records Tracking (DART) being part of SCS group is responsible for seamless execution of critical processes for Caterpillar manufacturing facilities in the areas of New Product Introduction (NPI), Electronic Data Interface (EDI), shipping Label and Analytics solutions. DART team delivers value by developing & implementing business-critical projects and solutions in collaboration with Manufacturing facilities and Product Group
Supply Chain Planning Engineer – Analytics (DART) – JOB PURPOSE :
As a Supply Chain Planning Engineer, the incumbent will support in designing, developing, and implementing Analytics Solution for Manufacturing Facilities & Product group in Inventory, Supply Chain & Facility Logistics. This person would work closely with Caterpillar Facility Supply Chain contacts to ensure insights are made available in a timely manner to support data driven decision making.
JOB DUTIES :
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Leading transformational project to solve complex supply chain problem using statistical and analytical tools
- Designing analytical solutions for manufacturing facilities to improve supply chain performance
- Implement solutions through DART Product Support application to manage facility supply chain exceptions
- Independently work on issue resolution and enhancements to existing solutions
- Collaborate with Facility Supply Chain leads, Logistics Engineer and Warehouse Operations team to explore opportunities to maintain optimal inventory
- Translate business requirements into solution with quick turn-around time
- Develop actionable insights & dashboards to help stakeholder make informed decision
- Identify opportunities and automate processes to reduce manual intervention and improve process efficiency
POSITION IMPACTS :
Incumbent is responsible to collaborate with Facility Supply Chain team to improve Facility operational efficiency and effectiveness by enabling data-driven decisions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Statistics / Mathematics / Science / Commerce
- 6 – 8 years relevant work experience in developing and maintaining Analytical solution
- Advanced skill in SAS, Python, Power BI, Tableau and MS Office – Excel
- Expertise in BASE and Advanced SAS, code optimization, PROC SQL and SAS Arrays
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Expertise to dig into data lake and find answers for Customer requirement
- Good oral and written communication
- Strong customer focus and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people to achieve project deliverables
- Must be willing to work in different shifts to have enough overlap with US team
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS / DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience with multiple ERP systems like SAP, Mainframe, etc.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .
- Salary Range 25,000 to 30,000
- Salary payable Per Month