- Manage tax matters of the Singapore entities including liaising with tax authorities and regulators in respect of the tax matters of the entities in Singapore as well as relevant incentives
- Engage various stakeholders and provide effective end-to-end tax support for new business initiatives, projects and proposed transactions.
- Responsible for overall management of tax compliance / reporting processes to ensure that tax reporting is timely, accurate and compliant with relevant legislation and standards within the statutory timelines. This includes review of tax forecasts and support of local statutory audit.
- Drive effective implementation and improvement of in-country tax procedures, including identification of areas for potential automation or outsourcing to offshore tax support team
- Country support for Transfer Pricing matters
People and Talent
- Be a trusted partner and provide tax subject matter expertise to business and other stakeholders
- Keep abreast with legislative / regulatory changes, including assessing and communicating the impact of such changes to the organization to relevant stakeholders
- Assist with the overall tax risk management by ensuring that tax risks are identified, controlled and managed in accordance with Group policy
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Close collaboration with cross-function teams to manage and drive resolution of tax controversy
- External tax consultants
- GFS Tax Team
- Overseas tax teams
- Group Tax
- Business functions
- Support Functions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate good knowledge as a tax subject matter expert
- Ability to provide timely and feasible solutions/alternatives to address/resolve issues arising in the course of work.
- Ability to effectively manage tax (internal and external) deadlines.
- Timely identification, escalation and resolution of issues and exceptions
- Good team player and ability to establish rapport and working relationship with the various stakeholders
- Responsiveness to queries from stakeholder
- Knowledge of accounting systems and proficiency in data management software such as Excel
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working. ,
- Salary Range 50,000 to 60,000
- Salary payable Per Month