Technical Lead, Incident & Problem Management (Transmission)
OPE – Network Operations
Team Leader/Manager/Associate Sr. Manager
At Colt we are changing the perception of our business and industry sector. As part of this transformation we are growing new services and teams to facilitate and drive the business to the next level.
Colt provides world-class network and communications services to information–intensive businesses across Europe, Asia and North America. With local market understanding and global reach – Colt is big enough to deliver and small enough to care.
The primary function of the Lead is to carry out 2nd level troubleshooting including circuit level diagnostics, re-provisioning of circuits, configuration changes in the circuit for service related incidents for all Colt products delivered over the Transmission network with 24×7 responsibilities. Develops customer solutions to address a variety of business problems across Transmission domain. Acts a subject matter expert on multiple functional areas related to Transmission technologies and able to configure the Circuits on different vendors ,Technologies and various NMS
- Assurance (Fault resolution) for service related Circuits / incidents for Transmission network & products/services. This will need live troubleshooting on Colt’s Transmission Circuits to resolve customer/network faults
- Configuration/Testing of Circuits on COLT Network on various NMS Nortel, Marconi. Alcatel Lucent. NSN (Aspen Manager), Modular MSP (Planet Operate NMS)
- To ensure the Circuit is configured Alarm free state in the network.
- Carry out systems checks and Circuit configuration checks in XNG etc and other tools to confirm service configuration, status and presentation.
- Documentation, recording and updating Circuit details in Siebel, XNG, OHS as and when required.
- Working on Planned works of Customer Circuits with coordination of Node Tech and Node operation teams to deliver successful Customer outage window.
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Ownership for resolving Customer Circuit queries/ faults, as documented in the Work Instructions
- Working with Partners and third party service providers for the resolution of the incidents.
- Performing recovery and migration projects, including shifting of customer Circuits in the customer outage window.
- Monitoring & Tracking, reviewing the progress of an incident and keeping the customer informed
- Ensure the circuit is Reconfigured as per Engineering Guidelines, Closure, formally closing incidents
- Manage request / incident submitted by customers
- Task assignment of Trouble Tickets , Mail requests of circuit Level diagnostics and BAU task.
Relationships and key contacts
- Key interface with direct customer, Incident Management, NOC, OLO-Admin, field technicians, 3rd level technical support, delivery teams.
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- 6-10 years of experience in relevant sectors.
- Provisioning/Assurance/Migration/Config/Fault Management/2nd level core troubleshooting experience on Colt transmission network, equipment & customer circuits/services and management systems: Marconi, ALU, Lucent, Nortel, Nokia, NSN, Siemens, Overture, Adva, Infinera, Aspen, CYAN (MMSP), Planet operate etc.
- Excellent Knowledge base on MSP (MMSP, NSN), and legacy SDH – Alcatel Lucent ADM-, Marconi SMA-, MSH-, Nortel TN-, OM- series equipment.
- A good understanding and proven provisioning /troubleshooting experience in some of the following: SDH, PDH, MSP, MMSP, ATM, Frame Relay, PCM, Carrier Ethernet, WDM, DWDM, TDM, ADM, DCS, DXC.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of capability to provisioning & resolve incidents and enquiries, from a second level perspective, for all product groups.
- Industry recognised qualification in Transmission or equivalent experience and training relevant to a Second Level engineer (formal Degree in Engineering/Technology is must).
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Able to demonstrate the developed skills needed to perform complex tasks, and the ability to find solutions in a timely manner.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Example Behaviours :
- Be aware of colt information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies/ industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate.
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat/ mitigate the same as appropriate
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognizes the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Access to Online-learning Platform
- Business mentoring
- option of parking slots in the Colt Campus
- lunch vouchers
- Salary Range Salary as per market standards
- Salary payable Per Month