Particular focus of the role involves supporting more senior actuaries who (are):
- Responsible for the production of USGAAP and Local Statutory (IFRS 4) valuations for a number of countries within MetLife
- Takes the results of models run centrally and submits these results to the USGAAP ledger as part of a controlled process;
- Explain results to the USGAAP Reporting manager (including analysis of movement in reserves, intangibles in the Income statement)
- Drive improvement in processes (automation, simplification), figure out any relevant issues from Actuarial standpoint and deliver the solution
- Support in specification and validation of new valuation methodologies, models and product implementations;
- Support additional financial research, governance, controls, actuarial methods and standards used within assigned sub-region;
- Develop strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with internal clients to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction;
- Assist Actuarial Team Leader to support the USGAAP Reporting Manager and ensure critical focus on core deliverables throughout the course of the reporting year
To support the delivery of the following objectives:
- Timely and accurate delivery of the Actuarial elements of the USGAAP and local statutory balance sheet and P&L;
- Timely and accurate analysis of USGAAP and local statutory results;
- Explanation of variance between reported results and previous plans;
- Liaison with Financial Controllers to ensure suitable and consistent reserving and accounting practices;
- Assistance to the senior management team in the continuous monitoring of the USGAAP process, including the impact of assumption updates and implementation of new products.
- Execution of SoX controls and other sign offs as required.
- Interaction with Internal and External Auditors as required.
- Error free, clear communication of results via reporting templates, memos, reports or presentations.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of Position:
- Error free preparation of financial reports to required timescales and relevant actuarial standards;
- Execution of second-line data validation and completeness checks to required actuarial and audit standards.
- Contributing towards good team morale and positive team engagement and professional development.
- Ensuring excellent communication between Noida-based team and stakeholders based in different geographical locations.
- Taking demonstrable ownership of work; clearly flagging any issues and goal delivery concerns to senor leadership team.
- Salary Range Salary as per market standards
- Salary payable Per Month