Are you a Bangalore based Windows and VMware Administrator who wants to work remotely (for the moment and but be mainly office based in the future) to provide consulting services with Pythian to a global client base? The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of system administration with an excellent track record in troubleshooting and diagnostics. The ideal candidate must also be able to actively contribute to design and architecture discussions. Prior success in and enthusiasm for a fast-paced environment with aggressive implementations and rollouts is critical. Able to review new and existing IT projects and systems designs quickly to be able to jump into support and upgrade projects right away. If you have a passion for data and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a high visibility team delivering critical software patches, update releases, and security fixes to Windows Servers and VMware hosts.
- Provide R&D; focus for released products by addressing product issues in customer environments by analyzing customer and internal reported problems.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by responding to all customer filed issues and providing relief either through self or by driving visibility of the issues upstream to ensure they get fixed.
- Improve product supportability and serviceability by actively participating in new design development to provide feedback to drive increased stability of VMware and Windows platforms.
- Create diagnostic tools to optimize troubleshooting and deriving faster root cause analysis and fixes software patches, update releases, and security fixes.
- Strong demonstrated work ethic with clear focus on customer success.
What do we need from you?
- Skills Requirement:
- Language Skills: Fluent English.
- Technical/Key Skills:
- 1. Active Directory administration/maintenance.
- 2. Antivirus administration/maintenance.
- 3. VMWare ESXi 3.5,4.1 and 5.x(vSphere maintenance and build).
- 4. Server imaging and Migration using P2V tools or V2V migration.
- 5. Backup administration/maintenance using enterprise level software – Netbackup preferred.
- Keyskills: Windows, Vmware, Server Administration, server admin, ESX, VMs, System Engineer, Windows, VMware, ESX, Active Directory, System Administrator, VMs.
- Education/Qualifications/Trainings Requirements:
- Education -Any Graduate – Any Specialization
- Minimum 3 years of strong demonstrated knowledge in Windows Administration
- Minimum 3 years of strong demonstrated knowledge in VMware Administration
- Preferred to have any Microsoft certification
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with excellent take home salaries, shifted work time bonus and an annual bonus plan!
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with a minimum 0.6 Lakh INR* annual training allowance; 2 paid professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: 3 weeks of paid time off and flexible working hours. While our Hyderabad and Bangalore offices remain closed due to the pandemic, work from your home, all you need is a stable internet connection!
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, with 0.3 lakh INR* budget to personalize your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity. To support in keeping our people, their families and their communities safe, Pythian is covering the cost of the Covid 19 Vaccine for all eligible employees in India!
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Storage & Backup Administrator; live in Bangalore, India; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
- Salary Range Salary as per market standards
- Salary payable Per Month